Parenting & Special needs:
- http://specialchildren.about.com: A great resource. Tones of articles on how to relax a child and a great section on sensory integration issues and strategies.
- sensorysmartparent blog: Nancy Peske is an author and the parent of a child who at age 2 was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder and multiple developmental delays. Coauthor of the award-winning Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Issues, Nancy co-moderates an online sensory processing disorder support group (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- http://www.sinetwork.org/: I dislike the “disorder” label but the foundation has some great resources such as easy to understand definitions.
- This is the blog of Joanne Allor, a mother of a son who was diagnosed with high-functioning autism. she focuses on finding information on biomedical research and help others understand the importance of it and turn it in layman’s terms.
- ecochildsplay.com. (ECP) is a blog devoted to informing and discussing “Green Parenting for Non-toxic, Healthy Homes”. ECP began in 2006 as site devoted to natural toys, but we quickly realized we needed to expand our mission to include broader issues related to green family life.
- earthyfamily.com: Earthy Family is a family owned and operated business dedicated to fostering family wellness and natural interactions within our physical, social, emotional and spiritual environments. The goal is want to expand the frontiers of the parenting community and enhance meaningful relationships within families, communities and the world.
heal-thyself.ning.com: has for mission to empower families to use the wisdom of traditional foods and natural healing. The community members have helped many people with allergies, asthma, eczema, dental issues, thrush, fatigue, depression, anxiety, migraines, joint pain, adrenal, thyroid, sinus infections, blood pressure, PCOS, gut health, mercury issues, candida, mother/baby dyad (nursing toxin issues with food eliminations and food intolerances)… and healing naturally with whole food nutrients.
Hightly Sensitive Health:
http://www.hsphealth.com: This is an excellent resource for HSPs. Lots of information and resources.
- http://www.ianproject.org/: The Interactive Autism Network (IAN) is an innovative online project bringing together tens of thousands of people affected by autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and hundreds of researchers in a search for answers. Individuals with an ASD and their families can share information in a secure setting to become part of the largest online autism research effort. The data collected by IAN both facilitates scientific research and empowers autism community leaders to advocate for improved services and resources. In addition, anyone impacted by an ASD can become part of IAN’s online community to stay informed about autism research and make their voices heard.