Top 10 Or Best Essential Oils For Detox
What are the best essential oils for detox
Detoxification (detox) is the removal of potentially toxic substances from the body.
Natural essential oil is one of the effective methods used to achieve this purpose.
Aromatherapy essential oils provoke reactions in the body like energy boosting, faster healing, reducing hangover, and stress.
For example, if you suffer from hangover problem, add about 3 drops of neat oil to tissue and inhale.
Massaging is a major way of applying the best essential oils for body cleansing and healing.
You can massage all over the body or over a particular organ area like the kidney or liver.
Mix the essential oil with a carrier oil to avoid skin irritation. Carrier oils are oils that do not have healing powers.
Some good carrier oils include sweet almond, wheatgerm and grapeseed.
Use half the number of essential oil drops, as there are milliliters of carrier oil.
For example, for a 30ml of carrier oil, use 15 drops of essential oil.
The best essential oils for detoxification can be used on their own or used with a carrier oil, or blended and used with a carrier oil.
When you are making a new blend, start out small with a total number of drops of 5, 10, 20 or 25 drops the maximum. This will prevent wasting oil while experimenting.
So if you create a 10ml of blended essential oil, add the 10ml drops of oil to 20 ml of carrier oil.
Essential oil bottles may have different size of holes in the tips of their pipettes and droppers, so the drops may not be very accurate but it can be close it.
Test a little bit of the oil behind your ear to check for sensitivity on skin, and leave it on for 24 hours.
One other simple way to use aromatherapy oil is to add 4-6 drops of the oil to a bath water and agitate it to mix well.
The skin absorbs the oil. This helps the organs, while the heat of the water releases the scent to work on stress, hangovers and low energy.
Top 10 detox oils
Lemon is one of the best essential oils for detox
- Lemon essential oil strengthens the kidney and the liver
- It boosts the immune system by increasing blood circulation and stimulating white blood cells
- It also fights the acidity in the body. Acid body promotes free radicals which affect our healthYou can blend lemon oil with juniper or fennel oil for body cleansing.
- Grapefruit essential oil stimulates the lymph
- It controls water levels in the body
- It also reduces fluid retention
- Grapefruit increases urine flow
- It is also known to stimulate bile production in the liverGrapefruit oil makes your skin sensitive to sunlight, so stay away from sunlight when you use it.
Also be cautious when you use it to control weight gain. The citrus scent can stimulate your appetite.
You can blend this oil with geranium.
Mandarin – one of the best essential oils
- Mandarin essential oil helps to combat feelings of fragility and loss of balance
- It also alleviates toxic symptoms
- Mandarin is a remedy for liver problems
- It promotes bile production and break down fats
- Mandarin also helps the body to expel gasThis oil is believed to be safe for pregnant women and children to use. However consult your physician before using it if you are pregnant.
You can blend mandarin with lemon, black pepper, and grapefruit.
Cypress essential oil
- It regulates fluid balance of the body
- Cypress is a remedy for water retention and allergy symptoms
- It helps to strengthen the liver and improve blood circulation
- It has diuretic properties but it does not dehydrate the bodyDo not use it when you are pregnant. You can blend it with orange, juniper and lemon.
Patchouli – among best essential oils for detox
- Patchouli essential oil is a strong diuretic
- It helps the body to fight cellulite and fluid retention
- Patchouli flashes out toxins through kidneys
- It balances appetite and reduces over-indulgence in foods and drinks
- It also treats any major causes and symptoms of toxic overload in the bodyBlend Patchouli with geranium and black pepper
- Juniper helps to heal liver diseases
- It reduces the feelings of hangovers and over-indulgence
- Juniper helps to clear the intestines
- Juniper essential oil helps to suppress appetite
- Juniper oil has diuretic properties and helps to improve kidneysPregnant women should not use this oil.
Juniper oil is powerful so use it sparingly or it may over tax your kidneys.
You can blend the oil with grapefruit, cypress, orange, and geranium
- Angelica is one of the best essential oils to improve the lymphatic system
- It is good at getting rid of toxins after illness
- Angelica reduces fluid retention and stimulates the skin to sweat
- Angelica essential oil acts as a tonic for the liver and spleenStay away from the sun if you use it. It makes the skin light sensitive.
Do not use the oil if you are with child. You may blend the oil with mandarin, grapefruit and lemon.
- The strong floral scent of geranium can detox the body from within
- As a good diuretic, it helps to stimulate the liver and kidney, and also to urinate
- Geranium essential oil is an immune booster that helps to stimulate the lymphatic system
- It also thins the blood and helps circulation in the body
- It is known to help with mental stressBlend geranium with grapefruit, orange and angelica
Fennel essential oil
- Fennel oil is a strong toxin remover. It is known to cleanse the body after eating too much food or drinking to much. It is also used to detox insect and snake poisons.Use this massage oil sparingly because high doses can be toxic and irritate on sensitive skins.
Do not use it if you are pregnant or suffering from epilepsy. Blend fennel essential oil with juniper and lemon
- Reblogged article from: The Best Essential Oils For Body Detox.